About the deparment09 Ocak 2018 Salı 12:03 tarihinde yayınlandı
- The Department of Food Engineering is one of the first departments in Harran University Faculty of Agriculture. In 2001, the name of Food Science and Technology was changed to "Food Engineering".
- The Food Engineering department provides scientific-based engineering knowledge for the processing, production, conservation and distribution of food to the students.
- In our department, there are;
-4 research assistants.
- First student recruitment of the department was in 2002-2003 academic year and gave its first graduates in 2006.
- The Department currently has about 200 students.
- The department also has 4 PhD students and 23 Master students.
- Double major undergraduate program of Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Engineering; side branches of Biology, Chemistry, Zootechnics and Environmental Engineering departments are offered to the students in the food engineering program.
- Food Engineering Department AB Erasmus Program (2007-2010);
At the undergraduate level:
-8 students to Spain
-4 students to Greece
-6 students to Italy
At the graduate level:
-2 students to Poland
-1 student had the opportunity to go to Italy.
Our department has;
1- Food Technology Laboratory,
2- Oil Analysis Laboratory,
3-Milk Technology Laboratory,
4- Food Microbiology Laboratory,
5- Instrumental Analysis Laboratories.
- CAREER DAYS: Guest Speaker: Pınar Süt AR-GE Manager Ümit Savcıgil (Food Engineer)
- Durum Wheat and Its Products Conference (May 2010)
- Food Industry & University Cooperation: Food Industry Workshop "Food Workshop" which was held with HRU Faculty of Agriculture Department of Food Engineering took place on Friday, December 24, 2010.
- Turkey Food Engineers Students National Student Food Product Development Competition (May 2011)